Tuesday, 15 May 2012

My special Goddaughter passed her driving test, so it was time to make a card to celebrate.
But even after putting it into the envelope I knew I wasn't happy, so I started again.


I started off by cutting out a tag. I used a second hand box, which has a slight pattern on the back. I then used Weathered Wood Distress Stain, but it was too pale and not blue enough, so I sprayed the card and stained again while it was wet. It still lacked something, so I moved on to Stormy Sky, once again putting it on damp card. I dried it out with my heat gun.

Using Stormy Sky distress stain I stamped some stars (as she is one!), using an Anita's stamp, and, though I say so myself, I was impressed with the effect of stamping the same colour onto the background.

I cut out the frame from the same card, painted it with a Crayola kids paint, and then clear embossed it. Having glued on the frame I used a Hampton Art alphabet set (I was lucky C and M are missing, but I didn't need them) I stamped "Drive" in my Hobbycraft ink and clear embossed it.

I used some of the card that I cut the tag from to stamp Celebrate (from a Fiskars set) on, but as the card was very shiny I sandpapered it first to help the ink to bond. This meant that there are some scratches on it, but it works fine with the distressing.

To finish off I used another Fiskars stamp to add "Success" before tying on some ribbon, which was too "new" so I used my Stamping Up perforating tool to fray it a little.

A long description, I hope you enjoyed it.

Hope H likes her card too.

1 comment:

  1. This looks fab! I'm sure she loved it! Love the blue hues x

    ReplyDelete