Thursday, 31 May 2012

Some early Red, White and Blue

This was a busy card month, with many other busy things too, so I've got lots of blogs catch up with too.

Mum's birthday was in May, and as her Mothering Sunday card was quite grungy, I decided on a more traditional birthday card.

I started off with a plain white card and decided on a red and blue colourway (along with the white, seems very of the moment now, but it was less so then).

I used some craft pads to give dimension to the dress (bought a while back in a sale), stamped Happy Birthday from a Papercraft set and then added a couple of fabric flowers, using my CropADile to fix the grommets (is that the right word) in place.

Mum liked the card, so I was pleased too.



Much as I love my CropADile, it does have a limited reach, so I'll have to come up with another way of making holes and fixing a bit further in (I wanted 3 flowers in a crescent, but couldn't achieve that).

I also sat in the wrong place to take the photo, so please ignore the shadow, oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment