Friday, 4 January 2013

When I saw the Crafty Boots Challenge I knew it was the perfect way of returning to my blog, so I am entering this into the challenge.

So I killed two birds with one stone and made a birthday card for my cousin (sshh, it's not til the end of the month, so we won't tell him about this blog!) as my entry.

I knew straight away what the tag would be about, as I was lucky enough to get a new die for Christmas which was just right for the tag.


I chose some burgundy card I had, since our wedding car  was a burgundy Austin 16, and I wanted to remind myself of that and cut out my Old Jalopy. I found a metallic silver pen and inked in the bumpers and left it to dry.


Next I cut out two tags 

 
and used some lovely new distress stains to ink both
 
 with grass and sky. I misted with water and dried off quickly with my heat gun. I mixed in a little stormy sky and bundled sage, misted again and dried it all off. To finish I created a "road" of black soot.
 
 

I added a Happy Birthday stamp and then used some craft pads to add dimension when I stuck on the car.

Finally I sandwiched the two tags together.

 
 


3 comments:

  1. Great lads tag and I love the your background and vintage car.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that tag Helen! What a fabulous birthday card! Thanks for joining in with Crafty Boots this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love the coloured background, I know I am a bit late but thank you for joining us at Crafty boots

    ReplyDelete