Friday, 19 April 2013

Flutterbies

When I was younger (and now, if I'm honest :-) )  I thought Flutterbies a much better name for coloured, winged insects!

I often find the card I "must get round to making" isn't produced until the postbox shreaks at me, so I need something quick, simple, effective and that works in reality, not just my head.

I recently came up with a plan for a card that uses one of my favourite dies and stamped flowers (masked to make a whole field). Then I tided my craft room and found my chalks, and hatched another plan!

This card used a die, which I used to cut two tags from 160gsm card, then glued together. Next they were embossed using a flower embossing folder (hindsight note for next time, emboss, then glue, as that leaves a flat surface on the back to write on!) and I rubbed pink and purple craft chalk across (an alternative is to choose a couple of flowers and chalk only them, for extra definition). Finally I cut butterflies from an old book (it's a children's one, so there is a choice of words or illustrations and I think the illustrations can be fab! though I didn't use them this time), which is made from absorbent, almost-blotting-paper. These were inked with vibrant distress stains and then stuck on and the wings bent up to add dimension.

I think a version of this tag or card could be one of my fav makes for a while :-)

I'm entering it into the Country View Crafts challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Love these butterflies LOTS! Love the 'note to self'!!! Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Butterfly challenge! Gx

    ReplyDelete