I'm a little late with the post, but at least the card was on time!
I decided to use tags to make a Garden Fan for Dad for Father's Day, so I started by cutting 3 tags from previously used card (I have a big stack of old cereal boxes etc, my Blue Peter watching habits die hard). I cut three, but took the photo part way through this process.
Then I randomly chose pages from my dictionary and cut tags from those too. These were stuck to the back (ie the picture) side of the cardboard tags.
Next I used Distress stain and children's paint pen to colour the tags green (Dad's favourite colour). A quick spritz to blend some of the lines, and then being impatient my trusty heat gun was used to dry off the tags.
Smaller tags seemed a good idea, so I used my Sizzix Bigz tag to cut two from green card. Then I stamped watering cans on each one.
Finally I glued the big tags together in a sort of fan shape and then used brads to attach the smaller tags horizontally. But you'll have to imagine this, 'cos I forgot to take a photo, which is Confession Time. Oops.



LOL!!!! I too can't wait for things to dry and use my heat gun! So glad it's not just me! I was obedient and used my imagination and think the fan looked pretty impressive - was your dad pleased with it?
ReplyDelete