Friday, 29 June 2012

Guess the age

My special hubby is celebrating a Significant birthday today, and I'd known for months the 'card' I wanted to make him.



With good timing, after 5 months of searching, I spotted these cardboard shapes about a month ago, and also picked up the perfect Decopatch paper.


I covered the first number in the paper, taking the "pattern" straight along the sides.


However I felt that the underlying brown shone through a little, so I tried adding a layer of tissue paper

 before I covered the number 4. I also changed the angle of the pattern. Given the shape of the number I covered a scrap of card in the decopatch paper and glued the number on, so that it doesn't fall over.

There was lots of cleaning to do this week for the celebrations, plus a homemade banner, so with no time to fiddle, the "cards" stayed simple.



I think hubby liked it, though much of crafting passes him by!

No comments:

Post a Comment