Saturday, 7 July 2012

Time To Celebrate

Hubby was not alone in celebrating his birthday. A long time friend and now neighbour shares his special day, and all the cardmaking means I got behind on my blogging. Oops.

I bought some new die cuts recently and the idea of using  my clock die came to mind quite quickly.

I wanted to cut the clock from some thin wood I have, but I knew I was up against the clock (!), as the friend popped round unexpectedly, so I had to get the card ready to send home with him, so I decided against rushing and wasting the wood, and used some white card instead.

I inked it with Distress stain, using two coats, but I didn't feel the colour was intense enough, so while it was wet I rubbed an ordinary ink pad across and got a much darker colour.

Then I stamped the hands in black ink, added black embossing powder, popped the face back into place (having kept that white) and put it all together, using a brad to secure the hands.


FInally I got out my Fiskars Sentiments stamp set, and Brother labelling machine. I used some craft pads to stick them on to add dimension. At last Time To Celebrate


No comments:

Post a Comment