Friday, 8 March 2013

Sewing for Mum


It was time to make a Mothering Sunday card and I began by using Milled Lavender Distress Stain to colour a card blank.

Next I used an old snack box to cut Sewing Room die pieces,


and coloured the cotton reel with Antique Linen and the mannequin with Brushed Corduroy. I added some blue paper thread to the reel and cut the mannequin body shape from some lovely floral paper (I had a great hour or two yesterday sorting the storage for my paper stash and promised myself I'd use some, so this is a good start).

To finish I printed out a phrase (note to self, next week rubbage in the reduced area in craft shops and buy a Mothering Sunday stamp!) and edged it with some more Milled Lavender and then used glue and foam pads to combine the elements together and also add some dimension.

It was only when I finished that I realised I'd used many of the elements of the current Crafty Boots blog challenge, so though this isn't a wedding card, I hope it's still OK to enter this card.

with this card.


4 comments:

  1. I love the theme you have chosen for your card, thanks for linking this to the new Country View Challenges this month.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, I love the sewing room theme.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card, thank for entering it in our first challenge at Country View Challenges. To be included in the challenge please make your link back to our site. Thanks, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, this was already linked, so I'm not quite sure why you had a problem, but hopefully it will work if you try again.

      Delete